For those who are old enough to remember the estate agents in the High Street, selling your home in those days was a complicated process, which would invariably involve several trips to their offices and waiting a few weeks for all the property details to be collated. Fortunately, with the help of the Internet, this process has been considerably streamlined, and for those who have yet to experience the simplicity of selling your home online, here is a brief overview of the 5 step process.
- Book a Free Evaluation – Once you have managed to locate a nearby online estate agent, the process can begin. Sourcing is easy, and whether you are looking for estate agents in Havering or Portsmouth, a Google search is all it takes. Upon making contact, the online estate agent would arrange for someone to visit you at your home, who would conduct a full survey of the property and provide a valuation. The representative would also explain how the process works, which is typically a fixed fee sale basis, and with complete transparency, you, the seller can make an informed decision.
- Fixed Fee Instruction – Should you be agreeable to the fixed fee and terms, you can instruct the estate agent to go ahead with putting the property on the market. There would typically be a range of affordable packages, giving the client a choice, which is ideal, as we all have different requirements.
- Professional Photography and Floor Plans – As any marketing guru will tell you, selling is all about presentation, and this means calling in professional photographers who know how to really present a property with a view to a sale. A detailed floor plan is really essential today, as it gives any potential buyer specific sizes, so they can easily picture the different rooms in the house.
- Online Exposure – Expect your property to be displayed on several nationwide online property websites, which means literally millions of potential buyers would be browsing. The property would be advertised in the traditional way, and along with social media coverage, you are getting maximum exposure where it really matters.
- Manage Viewings and Offers – The client has little to do, as the estate agent would co-ordinate all viewings, and they would even keep a record of all feedback, which enables the seller to gain a good idea of the response from any viewings. From exchange to completion, the online estate agent has you covered, and with a very extensive readership on the major websites, your home will not be on the market for very long.
For the first time ever, the seller has a fair priced option, and with the right online estate agent, you can quickly find a buyer, and with the estate agent handling every step of the process, selling your home is no longer the stressful experience it once was. If you would like to talk to an online estate agent about putting your home on the market, an online search will point you in the right direction.